555 phones * 473 phone plans * 65 bundles = a lot.
That’s why we build everything ourselves. This includes all front- and back-end systems of our website. As Back-end developer, you develop code that colleagues and customers can rely on. You form an active part of this process from the get-go and are provided with plenty of room for new ideas and personal input.
How do we develop software?
Each team works on their own part of the software. These may be customer-oriented components, but also our warehouse system, or our own HR system. You develop, optimize and implement new features. All systems we are working on are developed by our own teams, so that we can respond to complex and challenging changes in the marketplace. Even though we also use the systems ourselves, we create it as stand-alone software that is of value to other companies. So even though we are also a webshop, we consider ourselves to be a software company. Our scope is a lot broader than you might have expected.
... and don't forget Gitlab, Docker, Typescript and Redis. We use various tools, including Jetbrains, Slack, Ubuntu/Windows and vscode. This is always in motion, as the world of technology never stands still either.
What will you do as a Back-end Developer?
- You help translate our business objectives into well-working software.
- You help build leading telecomsoftware.
- You get the responsibility for your part of the code.
- You get the opportunity to work with new techniques when possible.
- You get our trust to make your own technical choices.
What can you expect from us?
- Short release times. We release our code several times per day. Finished = live.
- No hierarchy. We don't like that.
- You are the technical expert. No non-technical colleague will sit in your technical chair. Stick to what you know, right?
- We replace legacy code proactively. Of course, every software has a legacy, but you do not have to keep legacy code alive forever.
- Informal working atmosphere. Everyone can be themselves within Belsimpel.
- With 70+ colleagues from more than 12 nationalities, we form a nice international community.
Who are you?
- We are looking for bright and passionate colleagues.
- We expect you to be an incredibly competent programmer, which is why we do not require a lot of prior knowledge of the programming languages we use daily. If you are highly capable, you’ll master these in no time.
- If you are smart, critical yet respectful and enjoy creating complex systems that impact the user-experiences of hundreds of thousands of customers and a team of hundreds of colleagues, we are looking for you to join our team!
Ana Roman, from Romania, started working for a company while she was still studying in Groningen. The company liked her work ethic and was very happy to offer her a full-time position after she graduated.
She admits that it took her a bit longer than her peers to finish her course because she was also juggling the job. However, she learned a lot and also earned some money along the way.