Let's dive together into the vast amount of data of the leading comparison platform of the Netherlands.
The Bencom Group provides consumers, institutions and companies with independent and objective information about services and rates in the field of telecom, internet, digital television, energy, insurance and hotel accommodation. Do you like the combination of data, architecture and integration? Join the team and help us analyze, understand, predict, and visualize our data to support our internal business units and provide our customers with the best possible services.
About the job
As a Data Engineer at the Bencom Group you will work to further develop and maintain the core data infrastructure that is the basis for all data science, analytics, automation and visualization projects. You will make sure that data from various internal and external data sources are reliably and efficiently integrated into our central data storage in Azure.
You will be responsible for the creation, improvement, and monitoring of a great number of data pipelines via integration tools or your own SQL/Python/R code. Preferably, you have experience with Azure Cloud, and especially, Azure Data lake, Azure Data Factory and/or Azure Synapse or enthusiasm to quickly learn all the ins and outs about it. To make sure that we keep our competitive edge, you will keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies and concepts and implement them where they add value.
Based on specific business needs and use cases, you will write performant SQL/Python queries, combine data, and interact with the data science and analytics projects. Together with your colleagues in the data team (Merijn, Nadim and Ronny) you provide accurate and insightful knowledge across the markets we operate in (energy, insurance, hotel rooms and telephony) and across divisions (e.g. marketing or finance).
Before we continue
Diversity is important to us! We explicitly encourage candidates of all genders and of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status to apply for this position.
What we are looking for
You will join a driven, young, and informal team, where you have a lot of freedom to work independently. A good working atmosphere is important to us, that's why a pleasant sense of humor is an advantage.
- You have followed a relevant HBO or WO education, such as information science or computer science;
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a data-related role;
- Experience with databases and cloud infrastructure is required;
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT is required;
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python and data modelling is required;
- Experience with Azure Cloud and Azure Synapse is an advantage;
- Experience with PySpark is an advantage;
- You can communicate and analyze well;
- You can work independently;
- You live in the north of The Netherlands.
We are looking for a variety of data skills for different roles. Do you have at least two years of experience in data engineering, data science, data analysis or data development but your skills do not exactly match the above requirements? Please get in touch and let us discuss about a potential fit!
What we offer
- Lots of room for your own input;
- Employment with varied and challenging projects;
- Opportunity to develop yourself;
- Cosy get-togethers (every month) and staff outings;
- Pension contribution;
- Market-based salary (depending on experience) and bonus opportunities.
For questions about the application procedure or the job content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +31 (0) 595 425859.