Senior Business Controller (40 hours)
In order to achieve the major international growth ambitions, the further development of the finance and business partnering position for EQOM is of great importance. Do you want to make an impact as experienced Senior Business Controller at a successful e-commerce organisation? Are you proactive and a strong sparring partner for the CFO, the Finance Director and the Business? Then we are looking for you!
What are you going to do?
As Senior Finance Business Partner, you will work in a team of three. You will work together a lot with the other Finance Business Partners, and you will have a coaching and managing role towards junior colleagues. In this role, you will report directly to the Finance Director, and you will have a functional reporting relationship with the e-Commerce manager.
The area of focus in this Senior Business Partner position within EQOM is the B2C segment of which the international labels EasyToys, Beate Uhse and Adam&Eve. Because of this, you will also work closely together with the e-Commerce manager. You will support and advise them with financially related matters. Think of the decision-making process of sales campaigns, sales & margins analyses, pricing, prognoses, impact rollout other countries etc. The portfolio is large as there are multiple web shops in multiple countries within B2C.
In this role you combine providing structure with moving along in entrepreneurship. Always pushing the brakes with limiting thoughts does not help, but it will help to be conscious by positively and critically challenging the e-Commerce manager from a financial perspective. In addition, you are capable to concretize plans, set up dashboards and monitor progress. You are close to the business and can quickly make an impact through short lines of communication and fast decision-making. Through a close collaboration with the e-Commerce manager, you know what is going on and you are able to complete each other in new initiatives. The e-Commerce manager is responsible for innovative ideas, commercial opportunities and has an optimal sense of what the customer wants. You complement the e-Commerce manager by making plans concrete, taking a process-based approach, involving stakeholders where necessary and thus monitoring progress.
- Functioning as a trusted business partner to the e-Commerce manager and acting as the financial conscious of the B2C organisations;
- Advising the Business Managers. These managers (partly) fall under the e-Commerce manager;
- Proactive and planned informing of the Business Managers on the financial situation;
- Managing and monitoring developments in the P&L such as turnover, margin, marketing expenses, logistics, stock management;
- Monitoring and adjusting e-commerce metrics (cohort analyses AOV, traffic, conversions, churn, LTV, CPA);
- Drawing up the rolling forecast in the shirt and long term;
- Keeping risks and costs manageable;
- Developing a dashboard for relevant marketing information;
- Ensuring a connection between Business units and other disciplines in the organisation.
Who are you?
You are a driven Business Partner who understands the business controlling trade and wants to use this knowledge to make an impact. You feel comfortable to be a sounding board for the business based on your financial expertise. You have a strong character and find an entrepreneurial environment interesting. You are project-based and structured, and you are capable of identifying commercial opportunities nationally and internationally. You recognise yourself in the power of EQOM: Growth, strong partnerships, E-commerce, innovation, strong financial strategy, and leadership.
You bring so much structure that you function well in an environment with few existing or fixed structures. You identify the right opportunities and possibilities, think it is interesting to build on this and keep the overview while working on it.
Additionally, you are:
- Structured: planning and coordinating;
- Able to motivate your colleagues;
- Organisational sensitive;
- Willing to change;
- Commercial and entrepreneurial;
- Able to manage your expectations.
What do we ask?
- Academic working and thinking level and a completed university education (finance/controller);
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in controlling and finance;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and/or Power BI is an advantage;
- Experience within a start/scale-up, e-commerce, retailer and/or FMCG;
- Thorough knowledge of finance, processes, structures, and software;
- Fluent in English (both verbally and in writing).
What do we offer?
- A unique opportunity within a young international company;
- A job at one of the most exciting companies in the Netherlands;
- A ‘work hard, play harder’ atmosphere;
- A pension scheme;
- Free use of our own in-house gym and/or discount on your sports subscription via Bedrijfsfitness Nederland;
- A job for 40 hours a week with a competitive salary.