Technical Support Specialist (hybrid)
Our organization is growing, and so is our Technical Support Team. Do you want to join an ambitious and fun team helping modern global scientists digitize their workflows with eLabNext software solutions? Then we are looking for you!
What do we do?
With our software solutions, we help modern scientists in the R&D laboratories of academic institutes, biotech companies, and start-ups in the process of digitizing their work in the lab. We facilitate our clients to harness the enormous potential of life sciences and accelerate research. We contribute to the added value that life sciences research can bring to the world and work together with researchers to make discoveries possible. Our customers work on various themes, ranging from cancer research to sustainable food production. But also, for example, North Pole research.
What is your role?
As our technical Support Specialist, you will be helping our customers when they face technical challenges while working with our software products. You will be the first point of contact for third-party developers working with eLabNext. Challenges you could think of are troubleshooting in case of a bug report or assisting customers with problems when installing hardware to connect with our software. You will become our product expert on a technical and functional level and get to work with leading laboratories in life science around the world. Sometimes, you can solve problems independently, but if not, you will closely work with various domains within our organization, for example, our customer success and development team.
You will be:
- Serving as second-line support for customers and developers
- Taking ownership of reported customer challenges and seeing these challenges through to resolution
- Providing prompt and accurate feedback to customers and ensuring proper recording and closure of all issues
- Providing technical support on our developer tools, including API and SDK
- Driving product development by providing feedback (bugs, documentation, wishes, features, trends, etc.) to other departments and participating in sprint planning meetings
- Building and developing add-ons
What makes working as a Technical Support Specialist at eLabNext unique:
- You get to work with leading laboratories in life sciences and learn about the latest developments in their research
- Work with impact! Help our customers be successful and see the result of your work when innovations reach the market
- Develop your life science knowledge while doing IT
- Be part of an international and multi-disciplinary team and learn from your colleagues
Who are you?
- You have 1-5 years of working experience in a similar role, for example, software developer or engineer
- You have an engineering mindset (problem solver)
- You could translate technical details into usable information for our users
- You understand web browsers and have experience with their development tools (JS console, network console)
- You have a basic understanding of MySQL, or other relational databases would be a plus
- You have the essential attitude to help one another to be great (team player)
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
Perks & Benefits
- Signing bonus with impact. When you signed a contract with us and didn’t come through an external recruiter, you will get a signing bonus of €2.500. Also, in collaboration with WWF® with every signee, we buy back a piece of Atlantic rainforest in South America the size of a football field(!), with the only purpose of preservation
- An attractive salary with clear and transparent growth potential, matching your personal ambitions and plans
- A substantial L&D budget for training, conferences, books, or a (career) coach. We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life
- An environment where people get the chance to grow and learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them
- A home office setup. We ensure that you can also work well at home and offer flexible-working options that suit your needs
- Commuting and working from home allowance
- A bonus. If we do it right, we all benefit!
- 25 vacation days per year based on 40 hours per week
- A company bike. For a small amount per month, you can ride a new bike
- A flat organization with little hierarchy and short decision-making processes. We are a scale-up organization with a startup vibe and have a large corporate company (Eppendorf) backing us up
- A pension scheme
- A friendly working atmosphere. We celebrate when we reach our goals, have Friday night drinks, and great company outings
- We offer work with impact! See the outstanding results of our clients’ research when innovations reach the market
- Above all, we want to be an employer who ensures you feel happy working here
How to apply
Please apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to Evelien Swart, Talent Acquisition Manager, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions about this vacancy, please get in touch with Twan Spenkelink, Head of Customer Success, by email: email@example.com