We are looking for a full-stack backend developer with experience in PHP and the Laravel framework, and VueJS. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
You will be the web developer across our multiple development teams and will be responsible for the technical design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of the online dashboards, websites and backends linked to our games. You will work in close cooperation with your team on different projects during a year.
- Together with the team and stakeholders you will create the technical design for the required online platforms.
- You will program all code for the platforms, front-end and backend, taking into account re-use of existing modules and libraries and designing your own code for easy re-use in future projects.
- You will ensure the platform’s technical correctness, security and performance.
- You will create the frontend based on the UX designs and artwork of the other members of the team.
- You will design, implement and document API’s for use in our games.
- Besides working on web technology, you’re welcome to give input and ideas on all aspects of our products’ designs.
- You will communicate with the client about the technical requirements for a dashboard and gather these requirements in formal documentation.
- As part of the engineering team you will formulate and iterate on the company’s technical vision for the future.
What are the requirements?
- Skilled in both backend and frontend development.
- Required proficiencies:
- PHP and PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- SQL and database design
- Modern HTML and CSS
- Ability to clearly comment code and conform to specific coding standards.
- Experience with using Git or similar source control systems.
- Experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Any experience with C# or Unity is a plus.
- You’re eager to learn new skills.
- You’re able to work independently.
- Having a strong vision and drive.
- Having a strong user-oriented mindset.
What do we have to offer?
- Be able to make entertainment games with a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in organizing and executing your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal development and training.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.
- Combine remote work with your own, dedicated space at the office.
Location: Preferably on location in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, or hybrid.