We are looking for an all-round game programmer with experience in developing with Unity and C#. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
You will be a programmer in one of our independent development teams and will be responsible for the technical design and implementation for that team’s projects. Each team consists of designers, artists and engineers and each team owns multiple projects which are worked on iteratively in dedicated sprints.
- Together with the team and stakeholders you will create the technical design for our games.
- You will program the game’s code, taking into account re-use of existing modules and libraries and designing your own code for easy re-use in future projects.
- You will ensure your game’s technical correctness and performance.
- You can give input on all aspects of a game’s development, both technical as well as artistic and design-wise.
- You will communicate with the client about the technical requirements for a game and gather these requirements in formal documentation.
- As part of the engineering team you will formulate and iterate on the company’s technical vision for the future.
What are the requirements?
- A minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience.
- Skilled in software design as well as development.
- Strong communication skills to both peers and clients.
- Proficient in C++/C# and Object Oriented Programming.
- Ample experience in working with the Unity game engine.
- A strong grasp of vector mathematics and algebra.
- Experience with developing for PC/Mac, web and mobile platforms and understanding their different requirements.
- Ability to clearly comment and document code and conform to specific coding standards.
- Experience with using Git or similar source control systems.
- Experience with debugging and optimizing software.
- You’re eager to learn new skills.
- You’re able to work independently.
- Having a strong vision and drive.
- Having a strong user-oriented mindset.
What do we have to offer?
- Be able to make entertainment games with a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in organizing and executing your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal development and training.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.
- Combine remote work with your own, dedicated space at the office.
Location: Preferably on location in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, or remote.