We are looking for a programmer to help us create state-of-the-art soft-body physics simulation for a new surgical training game we are developing. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
You will be the lead physics engineer working as part of a larger development team. You will be responsible for designing and developing a performant and accurate simulation of rope, cloth and soft body physics, and for integrating that simulation into our games.
- Together with the engineering team and stakeholders you will create the technical design for the physics simulation system.
- You will program the simulation’s code, taking into account re-use of existing modules and libraries and designing your own code for easy re-use in future projects.
- You will ensure the simulation’s technical and physical correctness and performance, and will work together with domain experts to ensure correctly simulated behavior.
- You will accelerate the performance of the simulation by implementing (parts of) the system using GPGPU/CUDA techniques.
What are the requirements?
- A minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience, and experience in implementing physics simulations.
- You have experience in using GPU programming to accelerate (parts of) your programs.
- Skilled in software design as well as development.
- Strong communication skills to both peers and clients.
- Proficient in C++/C# and Object Oriented Programming.
- Ample experience in working with the Unity game engine.
- A good understanding of Newtonian physics and how to implement that algorithmically.
- A strong grasp of vector mathematics and algebra.
- Experience with writing high performance code using, for example, spatial acceleration structures and data-oriented programming.
- Experience with developing for PC/Mac, web and mobile platforms and understanding their different requirements.
- Ability to clearly comment and document code and conform to specific coding standards.
- Experience with using Git or similar source control systems.
- Experience with debugging and optimizing software.
- You’re eager to learn new skills.
- You’re able to work independently.
- Having a strong vision and drive.
- Having a strong user-oriented mindset.
What do we have to offer?
- Be able to make entertainment games with a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in organizing and executing your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal development and training.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.
- Combine remote work with your own, dedicated space at the office.
Location: Preferably on location in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, or hybrid.
If you’re interested in this position or if you have some questions, contact email@example.com for more information.