Dear Sales Lead, the following statements are a description of our perfect candidate; you love to manage a team of dedicated sales professionals, you are skilled in B2B sales, you are result oriented and can motivate/coach others, and you have a passion or affinity with online/hybrid events. You thrive in an international organisation! Do you identify with these statements? Yes? Good! Then please read on and see what opportunity is waiting for you.
The position of Sales lead
We are looking for a Sales Lead for our ‘Direct Sales Department’, who will help us grow our market share in the Dutch and German speaking markets (later on globally). Let's Get Digital is a fast-growing scale-up with a lot of growth ambition. For our Direct Sales Team this means prospecting the right clients, and tending to our existing clients with a big focus on our product; Let’s Get Digital.
It's the mission of Let's Get Digital to help event managers make the biggest impact possible with their events. We do this by helping event managers with our software for in-person, online and hybrid events. Let's Get Digital is the go-to online event platform for event organisers that want their event to be experienced and remembered! We provide a platform that engages the audience of the event, with lots of customisable features and options to make sure the event organiser has everything they need to build their event in their own vision!
Your main tasks will include, setting up an effective market segmentation strategy for the 3 different markets. Coaching and motivating team members. Developing and testing different strategies and making decisions when it comes to working methods, strategy and more.
You'll be responsible for the direct sales team now consisting of 7 sales consultants, spread out over the 3 teams (Dutch, German and English speaking). You'll be involved in hiring, evaluating and training your team members. You are the person they come to for guidance and you make final decisions. It will be essential that besides running the operation (50%), you'll also work with the team (50%). This means actively participating in the sales process in self, especially in the beginning, this will be essential for a smooth start and quick understanding of the sales processes.
So you're in charge of:
- Developing and executing vision and sales strategy
- Focusing on international growth
- Growing and developing the sales team
- Increasing conversion in the sales team
- Building and coaching a team of A-player
Events & clients
Our focus is on event organisers that organise events from 100-5000+ visitors and we have a big diversity in client profiles. To give you an idea, our client base consists of universities (Amsterdam, Barcelona and many more!), music festivals such as Eurovision Song Contest and Eurosonic, brands like Bosch and Porsche and organisations such as the European Union and the European Space Agency!
Job requirements: The following qualities/competencies will help you to excel in this job
- You are a strategic thinker
- Results orientated combined with a data-driven mindset
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge & experience in managing sales pipelines
- Ability to motivate and energize your team members
- Creating and maintaining a team of A-players
- Experience in international sales
- 6 years work experience in sales of which at least 3 years in a managing role;
- Experience selling in (different) international markets;
- Experience in B2B Sales
- Experience in IT/software is preferred
- You are fluent in English. Dutch or other languages are beneficial but not a requirement
- You live in or near Groningen.
Who are you?
You are a sales veteran, with a track record to back that up. In addition you have;
You will be part of an informal and innovative team, in which your contribution is of great value. Within this young company with a lot of growth ambition, you will get the space to contribute to our commercial success! And in addition, we offer you:
- A fixed salary between; 60-84K p/y based on knowledge and experience
- Opportunity to build out your team's track record with prospects/clients from around the globe!
- A good pension plan!
- Possibility to evaluate your performance every 3 months. When set goals are reached, you can get an increase in salary!
- Bonus; a yearly bonus that is based on your and your team's results!
- 26 holidays based on 40 hours per week!
- Every day a delicious lunch together with the team (when working in the office)
- A laptop; choice between Windows or Apple!
- Monthly activities with the team; karaoke, theme parties, dinners, sports games, 'borrels' and many more!
- Hybrid or temporarily remote work; do your job at a distance!
- A lot of personal responsibility with space and budget for personal development!
- We are a fast-growing company with great ambitions, this gives you plenty of growth opportunities.
- The opportunity to become part of the Management Team (MT) of Let's Get Digital!
- Vitality program, join our fun activities with your new colleagues and stay fit!
- But most of all a fun work experience in an organisation that strives for your Happiness!
Office in Groningen
You work from the office/hybrid in Groningen and the sales team is in contact with clients throughout the Netherlands and far beyond. Your team, therefore, includes international colleagues. The daily stand-up, lunch, delicious coffee and Friday afternoon drinks will help you feel at home. As a bonus, the two office dogs Dollie and Zoë are also at the office.
Software to improve events; about the start of Let's Get Digital
Let's Get Digital was founded in 2017 and has a young team of 50+ (and counting) creative and innovative people. We develop software to improve events by stimulating interaction between visitors and generating data insights. Since 2017 Let's Get Digital has rolled out a mobile application for this purpose. In 2020 the digital platform (www.letsgetdigital.com) has been launched that has already received 500.000+ visitors. We work according to the 'work hard, play hard' principle and have grown rapidly over the past period. Together we have the ambition to become the market leader in digital and hybrid events that get experienced and remembered!
Are you interested and enthusiastic?
Do you meet the requirements in the profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application with an up-to-date CV and a specific motivation. We look forward to meeting you!