We are seeking a talented and motivated Software Intern to join our team. As our Software intern, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects, enhance your software development skills, and contribute to the success of our company. You will work closely with experienced professionals who will provide guidance and mentorship throughout your internship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the consumer electronics industry while honing your skills and contributing to real-world projects. We are looking for someone, who is based in Groningen area and is available for a full-time (40 hours) internship for at least 5 months. We're flexible on the start date beyond those specified, and can accommodate your availability.
Naya is dedicated to revolutionising the way we interact with technology. Our goal is to provide creators with seamless and intuitive tools, starting with our innovative modular split keyboard, Naya Create. With our cutting-edge products, we aim to enable users to interact with technology effortlessly and as it was meant to be.
About the Team
At Naya, we don't just talk about diversity and inclusivity - we live it. We are young and driven team consisting of individuals from over 12 different nationalities, creating a truly international environment where different perspectives and backgrounds are celebrated.
We are passionate about what we do. We take pride in our commitment to excellence and continuous learning, always striving to be the best we can be as a team. At Naya, we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth We value open and direct communication and with a low hierarchy environment, everyone's voice is heard and respected, creating a collaborative and efficient workplace where innovation thrives.
- Assist in the design, development, and testing of software applications and features with the option to work on Embedded Systems and Software if interested.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Participate in code reviews to improve and maintain code quality.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code that adheres to best practices and company standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues, ensuring optimal performance and usability.
- Research and learn new technologies, frameworks, and best practices to stay current with industry trends.
- Contribute to project documentation, including technical specifications, user guides, and developer notes.
- Attend team meetings, providing updates on project progress and any challenges encountered.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the software development team.
- Currently enrolled as a student pursuing an HBO or WO degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Must remain enrolled as a student throughout the entire duration of the internship.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months, 5 days per week ( 40 hrs).
- Based in Groningen and is able to commute to the office.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for You
- An opportunity to change the forefront of technology.
- Huge growth (potential) and being embedded in an environment of 2 hardware scale-ups.
- Inspiring, exciting and vivid office situated in the heart of a start-up hub.
- Dynamic and diverse international environment with 12+ nationalities
- Internship compensation.
- Lunch at the office (self-cooked).
- Team building trips twice per year (the last trip was Mallorca, March 23).