Every month, tens of thousands of people verify their identity using Verifai's software and apps. Work with us on advanced and easy-to-use identity verification solutions (SDKs and APIs) that are trusted by international companies across many industries. As an Android Developer, you will be at the forefront of developing advanced new features and improving existing ones that are needed to support the growing user base. A unique opportunity to develop yourself while contributing to the fight against global identity fraud!
What you will do as an Android Developer
- You are (co-)responsible for our software development kit (SDK) for Android, which is trusted by thousands of people every day.
- You optimize the core application and SDK that automatically recognizes IDs and verifies identity documents for authenticity.
- You build new features for our SDKs or improve the existing ones to offer the best user experience.
- You work independently on your own code, but you also spend time collaborating with others.
- You get the freedom to experiment with new Android technology in a multidisciplinary team.
- You are involved in all stages of app development and contribute to the roadmap.
Who you are
- You currently live in the Netherlands or are planning to move to the Netherlands soon, preferably in the area of Groningen.
- You have preferably completed or are about to complete a higher technical degree or university degree with solid software knowledge.
- You have experience developing mobile apps and/or SDKs for Android.
- Experience with Java or Kotlin is a plus, but more important is that you're eager to learn and want to become better at it.
- Experience with unit tests, C++, Tensorflow and/or OpenCV is preferred but not required.
- You have good skills in object-oriented programming.
- You work neatly and clearly and you know exactly what a user expects from your application.
- You have a good command of the English language.
What we offer
- A good salary with good insurance and retirement benefits.
- All space for talent (experience the process from A to Z).
- Plenty of growth opportunities (make the difference from day 1).
- Unique and informal working atmosphere (weekly drinks and activities).
- Dynamic, multidisciplinary and young team (every contribution counts).
- All the stuff you need at home and in the office: a high-end PC with accessories and extra screens, noise-cancelling headphones, a good desk and a comfortable office chair.
- If desired, cross-functional work opportunities to develop you professionally.
In 2016, the largest independent Dutch telecom retailer Belsimpel, internationally known as Gomibo, witnessed many cases of identity fraud and was eager to do something about it. The company looked for a simple, affordable and effective way of digital identity verification, but no solution checked all the boxes. Market incumbents used outdated techniques, were not innovative and above all not transparent. They decided to develop a solution themselves that could meet the rapidly evolving needs of today's fast-growing global companies.
In 2017, this culminated in a spin-off that was launched into the market under the name Verifai. Verifai’s identity verification platform is available for businesses of all sizes and is made to fit any use case seamlessly. Our mission is to make identity fraud a thing of the past. We want to achieve that by offering modular, easy-to-use and above all affordable solutions for identity verification so that our customers have a total understanding of the identity of their customers.
How we work
At Verifai, you will become part of a growing team of fanatical people who want to transform the identity verification market. Every day we work together on innovative solutions where we put the needs of our customers first. We have a culture of measuring, testing, experimenting and learning: everything to develop the best solution for the customer and to develop you personally. The team consists of a mix of students, recent graduates and experienced colleagues of different nationalities. Although we are a distinct entity from Belsimpel, we share the same resources. Our office is in the same building at the Grote Markt and have joint drinks and parties. The flat structure gives you a great deal of responsibility and you'll regularly discuss your findings with Jeroen & Jeroen, the founders of Belsimpel and Verifai. Furthermore, we don't use strict separation of functions, but adjust your day-to-day duties to your personal skills and preferences. Cross-functional work opportunities to develop yourself personally are therefore definitely possible!
Verifai is a spin-off of Belsimpel and part of the Gomibo Group. At Gomibo we develop everything ourselves. Want to know what it's like to be a developer with us? Read more about our working method here.
We would like to invite you to work with us on fantastic products. Will you join us?